Today, we are going to learn about a cool thing about eye care. It’s called the Implantable Collamer Lens, or ICL Lens for short. It’s a special lens that helps people see better. So, get ready to learn a lot about this amazing lens and how it works.
What Is An ICL Lens?
The Implantable Collamer Lens, is a special type of lens that can be placed inside the eye. This isn’t just any lens, it’s a lens that helps people who have trouble seeing clearly. It gets put in the eye by a doctor and it can help you see as well as you would with glasses or contact lenses, sometimes even better! It’s like having built-in glasses for your eyes.
What is ICL Lens Used For?
The ICL Lens is used to help people see better. You know how sometimes, people need glasses or contact lenses to see things clearly? That’s because their eyes might have trouble focusing light in the right way.
This is where these lenses comes in. It helps your eye focus light just right so you can see things clearly. This is super helpful for people who might be nearsighted (have trouble seeing things far away), farsighted (have trouble seeing things up close), or have astigmatism (where things look a bit blurry because the eye isn’t perfectly round).
The awesome thing about the ICL Lens is that it can be a good option for people who might not want to wear glasses or contact lenses all the time, or for those who might not be the best candidates for other kinds of eye surgery. It’s a great tool in the toolbox for helping people see better!
How Does an ICL Lens Work?
Let’s try to understand how this special lens, the ICL Lens, does its job. It’s pretty neat! The doctor puts the ICL Lens right inside your eye. It goes behind the colored part of your eye (the iris) and just in front of your natural lens.
Here’s the cool part: it doesn’t mess with your natural lens at all. Instead, it just sits there, sort of like a little helper for your natural lens, helping it focus light better so that you can see clearer. It’s like getting a superpower for your eye, but you don’t have to change anything about your eye to get it!
Pros and Cons of ICL Lens
Just like anything else, the ICL Lens has its good points and not-so-good points. Let’s go through them:
- Better Vision: The biggest plus is that it can make your vision a lot better. It’s like having glasses or contact lenses inside your eye all the time.
- Long Lasting: Once the ICL Lens is in your eye, it can last for a very long time. You won’t need to worry about replacing it often.
- No Daily Hassle: Unlike glasses or contact lenses that you have to clean and take care of every day, the ICL Lens just sits in your eye and does its job.
- Surgery Needed: To get an ICL Lens, you need to have a surgery. This can be scary for some people.
- Possible Side Effects: Just like any surgery, there can be some side effects like dry eyes or seeing halos around lights.
- Cost: The ICL Lens and the surgery can be expensive. Some insurances might not cover the cost.
ICL Lens Price
The cost of getting an ICL Lens depends on the type of lens you choose. Here are some popular options and their costs in India:
- Visian ICL: Visian ICL is the most popular lens for ICL surgery. It has helped many people see better. The cost for this lens is around ₹30,000-₹50,000 per eye.
- Staar ICL: Staar ICL is another top-quality ICL lens. It’s designed to last a long time, which is great. The cost for this lens is around ₹40,000-₹50,000 per eye.
- EVO Visian ICL: The EVO Visian ICL is a newer type of lens that’s getting a lot of attention. This lens is also priced at around ₹40,000-₹50,000 per eye.
- IPCL: The IPCL is the newest lens to hit the market. It gives good results and is more budget-friendly. This lens costs around ₹25,000-₹40,000 per eye.
Possible Risks and Considerations
Getting an ICL Lens can be a big help, but like all things, there are some risks and things to think about. Here are some of them:
- Surgery Risks: Anytime you have surgery, there are risks. You could have problems with the anesthesia, get an infection, or have trouble healing.
- Vision Changes: After the surgery, you might notice some changes in your vision. You could see glares or halos around lights, or your vision might not be as clear as you hoped.
- Pressure Changes: The surgery could cause changes in the pressure inside your eye. This could lead to problems like glaucoma.
- Lens Movement: In some cases, the lens might move around in your eye after the surgery. If this happens, you might need another surgery to fix it.
So, there you have it! This special lens can help people see better without glasses or contact lenses. But like anything, it has its good points and not-so-good points. It’s important to talk with your doctor to see if this lens is a good fit for you.
But remember, the ICL Lens isn’t the only way to get better vision. There are other options too. For instance, Lasik surgery is a quick, safe procedure that can also help you see better without glasses.
EyeMantra offers the most advanced Lasik options, including PRK, Femto Lasik, SMILE surgery, Standard lasik, ICL and Contoura vision. If you have any questions about Lasik surgery in Delhi, the cost of Lasik surgery, or the Lasik procedure, give us a call at 9711116605 or email us at [email protected].