Evo+ Visian ICL is a cutting-edge vision correction procedure that has gained popularity among individuals seeking an alternative to traditional methods like glasses and contact lenses. In this article, we will delve into the details of Evo+ Visian ICL, its advantages, the procedure itself, and its benefits compared to other vision correction options.
What is Evo+ Visian ICL?
Evo+ Visian ICL stands for Implantable Collamer Lens. It is a type of implantable lens that works in harmony with the natural structure of the eye to correct refractive errors. Unlike traditional contact lenses, Evo+ Visian ICL is placed inside the eye, providing a long-lasting and effective vision correction solution.
When it comes to correcting vision problems such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism, Evo+ Visian ICL offers a viable solution that provides improved visual acuity and freedom from glasses or contact lenses. This innovative procedure has been changing the lives of many individuals worldwide.
How Does Evo+ Visian ICL Work?
Advantages of Evo+ Visian ICL
Some of the benefits of Evo+ Visian ICL are:
Improved vision correction
Evo+ Visian ICL offers exceptional visual clarity, providing patients with sharp and precise vision. Many individuals report a significant improvement in their visual acuity, allowing them to enjoy activities without the need for glasses or contact lenses.
High level of safety
Evo+ Visian ICL is a safe and reliable procedure that has been approved by regulatory authorities. The lens used in the procedure is made of biocompatible materials that are well-tolerated by the eye. The risk of complications or adverse reactions is minimal.
One of the significant advantages of Evo+ Visian ICL is its reversibility. Unlike some other vision correction procedures, such as LASIK, Evo+ Visian ICL can be removed or replaced if necessary. This feature provides patients with flexibility and peace of mind.
Wide range of vision correction
Evo+ Visian ICL can correct a wide range of refractive errors, including nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. It is suitable for individuals with moderate to severe vision problems
Who is a Good Candidate For Evo+ Visian ICL?
Evo+ Visian ICL is suitable for individuals who:
- Have stable vision prescription: Candidates for Evo+ Visian ICL should have a stable vision prescription for at least one year, indicating that their vision has stopped changing significantly.
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45: The ideal age range for Evo+ Visian ICL is between 21 and 45 years old. However, each individual’s candidacy is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Have healthy eyes: Candidates should have overall healthy eyes, free from conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, or severe dry eye syndrome. A comprehensive eye examination will determine a candidate’s eligibility.
- Are not suitable for LASIK or other refractive surgeries: Some individuals may not be suitable candidates for LASIK or other refractive surgeries due to thin corneas or other factors. Evo+ Visian ICL offers an alternative solution for these individuals.
- Have realistic expectations: Candidates need to have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure. While Evo+ Visian ICL can provide significant vision improvement, it may not achieve the perfect vision for everyone.
The Evo+ Visian ICL Procedure
The procedure of Evo+ Visian ICL is as follows:
Before undergoing the Evo+ Visian ICL procedure, a thorough evaluation is conducted to assess the candidate’s eligibility. This evaluation includes a comprehensive eye examination, measurements of the eye’s dimensions, and discussions about the procedure’s benefits and potential risks.
On the day of the surgery, the candidate receives numbing eye drops to ensure comfort throughout the procedure. Furthermore, a small incision is made in the cornea to insert the lens, which is folded and gently placed behind the iris. Furthermore, the incision is self-sealing and typically requires no stitches.
Following the procedure, patients may experience mild discomfort and blurry vision, which usually subsides within a few days. Eye drops are prescribed to aid in the healing process and prevent infection. Most individuals can resume their normal activities within a few days, although strenuous exercise should be avoided for a few weeks.
Potential Risks and Complications
While Evo+ Visian ICL is generally considered safe and effective, like any surgical procedure, it carries potential risks and complications. Some of the risks and complications associated with Evo+ Visian ICL include:
- Infection: There is a small risk of infection following the surgery, which may require additional treatment with antibiotics.
- Increased Intraocular Pressure: In some cases, the implantation of the lens can cause a temporary increase in intraocular pressure. This condition, called intraocular hypertension, usually resolves on its own or can be managed with medication.
- Cataracts: Although rare, the Evo+ Visian ICL procedure may slightly increase the risk of developing cataracts. Cataracts cause clouding of the natural lens, leading to blurred vision. If cataracts develop, they can be treated with surgery.
- Endothelial Cell Loss: The implantation process may cause a slight decrease in the number of endothelial cells, which are responsible for maintaining corneal clarity. Significant cell loss can lead to corneal edema and decreased vision.
- Glare, Halos, and Night Vision Issues: Some individuals may experience visual disturbances, such as glare, halos around lights, or reduced night vision. These symptoms are usually temporary but may persist in rare cases.
- Dislocation or Damage to the Lens: Although uncommon, the lens can potentially dislocate or be damaged during or after the surgery, requiring additional procedures to reposition or remove it.
Comparing Evo+ Visian ICL With Other Vision Correction Options
These are some other best options than Evo+ Visian ICL:
Evo+ Visian ICL offers distinct advantages over LASIK for individuals with thin corneas or those who are not suitable candidates for corneal-based surgeries. Furthermore, Evo+ Visian ICL does not involve the reshaping of the cornea and provides reversible vision correction.
While contact lenses are a popular temporary solution for vision correction, they require daily maintenance, can cause discomfort, and may lead to dry eyes or infections. Evo+ Visian ICL eliminates the need for contact lenses, providing long-term visual freedom.
Glasses offer a simple and non-invasive way to correct vision, but they can be inconvenient and may limit peripheral vision. Evo+ Visian ICL provides a natural and unobstructed field of view, allowing individuals to experience life without dependence on glasses.
Evo+ Visian ICL is an innovative vision correction procedure that offers improved visual acuity, safety, and versatility. With its reversible nature and wide range of vision correction capabilities, Evo+ Visian ICL has become a popular choice for individuals seeking a long-term solution for their refractive errors.
LASIK eye surgery is a safe 10-minute procedure to help you get rid of glasses. EyeMantra offers the most advanced LASIK options including PRK, Femto Lasik, SMILE surgery, Standard LASIK, ICL, and Contoura vision. If you have any questions on Lasik surgery in Delhi, Lasik surgery cost, and Lasik procedure, call us at 9711116605 or email at [email protected].