If you’ve ever dreamed of escaping the shackles of glasses or contact lenses, then LASIK could be the key to unlocking a world of clear and unobstructed vision. In this blog, we will explore the ins and outs of LASIK eye surgery, from its benefits to the procedure itself and what to expect during the recovery period. So, let’s embark on this enlightening journey together and discover how LASIK can bring you closer to a life of visual freedom.
What Is LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, which stands for Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis, is a popular and advanced surgical procedure. It is designed to correct refractive errors and improve visual acuity. And, it’s a form of laser eye surgery that has transformed the lives of millions of people worldwide.
LASIK eye surgery aims to reshape the cornea, the clear front surface of the eye, in order to alter how light is focused onto the retina at the back of the eye. By reshaping the cornea, LASIK can correct common refractive errors such as nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism.
It is important to consult with an experienced eye surgeon to determine if LASIK is suitable for your specific eye condition. And to understand the potential risks and benefits associated with the procedure.
How Does LASIK Eye Surgery Works?
The procedure utilizes advanced laser technology to precisely and safely reshape the cornea. And allowing light to focus properly on the retina at the back of the eye. Here is a step-by-step overview of how LASIK eye surgery works:
- Anesthesia: Before the procedure begins, numbing eye drops are applied to ensure the patient’s comfort. In some cases, a mild sedative may also be given to help the patient relax.
- Creation of Corneal Flap: The surgeon uses either a microkeratome, a handheld instrument, or a femtosecond laser to create a thin, hinged flap on the surface of the cornea. This flap is gently lifted and folded back, exposing the underlying corneal tissue.
- Reshaping the Cornea: Once the corneal flap is created, an excimer laser is used to precisely remove microscopic amounts of corneal tissue. The laser delivers pulses of cool ultraviolet light to reshape the cornea based on the patient’s specific prescription. This reshaping process alters the curvature of the cornea, correcting refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- Corneal Flap Replacement: After the cornea has been reshaped, the surgeon carefully repositions the corneal flap back into its original position. The natural adhesion of the cornea allows the flap to heal without the need for stitches.
- Healing and Recovery: The corneal flap acts as a natural bandage, protecting the treated area and promoting rapid healing. Patients may be given protective goggles to wear temporarily and are provided with post-operative instructions for proper care and recovery.
The reshaping of the cornea during LASIK surgery enables light to focus accurately on the retina. This results in clearer vision without the need for glasses or contact lenses. And, the procedure is typically performed on both eyes during the same visit. Most patients experience significant improvements in their vision within a short period of time.
How Much Does LASIK Cost In Delhi?
The cost of LASIK surgery in Delhi can vary depending on various factors such as the clinic or hospital you choose, the surgeon’s expertise, the technology used, and any additional services included in the package. Generally, the cost of LASIK in Delhi can range from INR 45,000 to 60,000 per eye.
It’s important to note that these are approximate price ranges, and the actual cost can differ based on the types of LASIK you choose. It is recommended to consult with multiple eye clinics or hospitals in Delhi. As this will get a more accurate estimate of the cost for your particular case.
Remember to inquire about any financing options or insurance coverage. That may be available to help manage the cost of LASIK surgery in Delhi.