If you’ve been considering LASIK but have concerns about the traditional method. Then, Femto Bladeless Lasik is an innovative technique that will amaze you with its precision, safety, and remarkable results. In this article, we’ll explore the science behind Femto Bladeless LASIK, its advantages over conventional LASIK, and why it has become the preferred choice for many people seeking clear vision.
- 1 What Is The Femto Bladeless LASIK?
- 2 What Is The Science Behind Femto Bladeless Lasik?
- 3 What To Expect With Femto Bladeless LASIK?
- 4 Who Can Benefit From Femto Bladeless LASIK?
- 5 What Are The Pros And Cons Of It?
- 6 Conclusion
What Is The Femto Bladeless LASIK?
The Femto Bladeless LASIK procedure is an advanced and highly precise method of vision correction that has revolutionized the field of refractive surgery. It is an innovative variation of traditional LASIK (Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis), a popular surgical procedure. And it is used to treat common vision problems such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
Unlike conventional LASIK, which involves the use of a microkeratome blade to create a corneal flap, Femto Bladeless LASIK employs a femtosecond laser to perform all the necessary corneal reshaping. This technological advancement eliminates the need for a blade, making the procedure bladeless and significantly enhancing its safety and precision.
So, Femto Bladeless LASIK represents a significant advancement in refractive surgery. And providing patients with a safer, more precise, and customized approach to vision correction. Its ability to deliver outstanding visual outcomes and shorter recovery times has made it a preferred choice for individuals seeking freedom from glasses and contact lenses.
What Is The Science Behind Femto Bladeless Lasik?
Femto Bladeless LASIK is backed by the science of precise laser technology and corneal reshaping. The procedure utilizes a femtosecond laser, which emits ultrashort pulses of laser light in the femtosecond range. These pulses create microscopic bubbles within the cornea, allowing for the creation of a customized corneal flap.
The femtosecond laser operates with remarkable precision, enabling the surgeon to accurately position and shape the flap. Once the flap is lifted, an excimer laser is used to reshape the underlying corneal tissue, correcting refractive errors. The excimer laser emits cool ultraviolet light. That gently removes microscopic amounts of tissue without generating heat.
Therefore, through the science of precise laser technology and corneal reshaping, Femto Bladeless LASIK offers accurate and effective vision correction.
What To Expect With Femto Bladeless LASIK?
Undergoing the Femto Bladeless LASIK procedure can be an exciting and transformative experience. Here is an overview of what you can expect before, during, and after the surgery:
- Comprehensive eye examination: You will undergo a thorough assessment to evaluate your eye health, measure your visual acuity, and determine your suitability for Femto Bladeless LASIK.
- Discussion with your surgeon: Your surgeon will explain the procedure, answer your questions, and discuss your expectations and desired outcomes.
- Discontinuation of contact lens use: You will be advised to stop wearing contact lenses for a specified period before the surgery to allow your cornea to stabilize.
Day of the procedure
- Anesthetic eye drops: Before the surgery, numbing eye drops will be administered to ensure a painless experience during the procedure.
- Relaxing in the surgical suite: You will be positioned comfortably on a reclining chair, and the surgical team will provide instructions to help you remain relaxed throughout the process.
- Creation of the corneal flap: Using the femtosecond laser, your surgeon will create a precise corneal flap. You may experience a sensation of pressure or mild discomfort during this step.
- Corneal reshaping: The surgeon will use the excimer laser to reshape the cornea, correcting your specific refractive error. You may notice some clicking sounds and a faint odor during this part of the procedure.
- Repositioning the corneal flap: After the corneal reshaping, the surgeon will carefully reposition the flap onto the cornea. The flap will naturally adhere to the underlying tissue without the need for sutures.
- Recovery period: You will spend some time resting in a designated recovery area, allowing your eyes to adjust. And begin the healing process.
- Protective eye shields: Your surgeon may provide special eye shields to wear while sleeping to protect your eyes during the initial healing phase.
- Prescribed eye drops: You will be given a regimen of medicated eye drops to use as directed to prevent infection. This will reduce inflammation, and promote healing.
- Follow-up appointments: Regular follow-up visits with your surgeon will be scheduled to monitor your progress, assess your healing, and address any concerns or questions.
- Initial blurry vision: It is normal to experience blurry or hazy vision immediately after the procedure. This will gradually improve over the next few days.
- Rapid visual improvement: Most patients notice a significant improvement in their vision within the first 24 to 48 hours after surgery.
- Full visual stabilization: Your vision will continue to stabilize and improve over the following weeks as your eyes fully heal.
Remember, every individual’s experience may vary slightly. And it’s essential to closely follow your surgeon’s instructions for post-operative care. By doing so, you can maximize your chances of achieving a clear, crisp vision and enjoying the benefits of Femto Bladeless LASIK.
Who Can Benefit From Femto Bladeless LASIK?
Femto Bladeless LASIK is a versatile vision correction procedure that can benefit individuals who have certain refractive errors and meet specific criteria. Here are the general considerations before going for Femto Bladeless LASIK:
- Nearsightedness (Myopia): If you have difficulty seeing objects at a distance and rely on glasses or contact lenses for clear vision.
- Farsightedness (Hyperopia): If you experience challenges focusing on nearby objects and need glasses or contacts to see clearly.
- Astigmatism: Femto Bladeless LASIK can effectively correct astigmatism, which is a refractive error that causes blurry or distorted vision due to an irregularly shaped cornea or lens.
- Stable prescription: To be a suitable candidate, your vision prescription should have remained relatively stable for at least one year. Stable vision ensures that the correction provided by the procedure will be long-lasting.
- Healthy eyes: Candidates should have healthy eyes without any significant ocular diseases, infections, or conditions. As this could affect the healing process or overall outcome of the procedure.
- Age requirements: While age can vary depending on individual circumstances, most eye surgeons prefer candidates to be at least 18 years old. This will ensure that the eyes have fully matured and stabilized.
It is crucial to consult with an experienced eye surgeon who can evaluate your specific eye health and refractive error to determine your candidacy for Femto Bladeless LASIK. They will consider various factors, including the stability of your prescription, corneal thickness, and overall eye health, to determine the most appropriate course of action for your vision correction needs.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of It?
The followings are some pros and cons of femto bladeless LASIK for you to consider:
- Enhanced safety: The use of a femtosecond laser eliminates the need for a microkeratome blade, reducing the risk of complications associated with blade-based LASIK procedures.
- Greater precision: The femtosecond laser allows for highly precise corneal flap creation and corneal reshaping, resulting in accurate and customized vision correction.
- Customized treatment: Femto Bladeless LASIK enables personalized treatment based on the individual’s eye measurements and specific refractive errors. Ultimately, leading to improved visual outcomes.
- Minimized risk of flap-related complications: By eliminating the use of a blade, the risk of complications such as uneven flap creation, flap dislocation, and epithelial ingrowth is significantly reduced.
- Faster healing and recovery: The precise corneal flap creation and minimally invasive nature of the procedure generally lead to quicker healing. And faster visual recovery compared to traditional LASIK.
- Higher cost: Femto Bladeless LASIK may have a higher price tag compared to traditional LASIK due to the advanced technology and equipment involved.
- Potential for temporary side effects: Like any surgical procedure, Femto Bladeless LASIK carries the risk of temporary side effects such as dry eyes, glare, halos, and light sensitivity. However, these side effects typically resolve during the healing process.
- Not suitable for everyone: While many individuals are good candidates for Femto Bladeless LASIK, not everyone may meet the necessary criteria for the procedure. Factors such as unstable vision prescription, thin corneas, or certain eye conditions may disqualify some individuals from undergoing surgery.
- Possibility of residual refractive error: In some cases, the desired level of vision correction may not be achieved, and a small degree of residual refractive error may remain. In such instances, additional enhancements or the use of glasses or contact lenses may be necessary.
- Dependency on surgeon skill: The success and accuracy of Femto Bladeless LASIK heavily rely on the skill and experience of the eye surgeon. It is crucial to choose a qualified and reputable surgeon to minimize the risk of complications and achieve optimal results.
It is important to have a thorough consultation with an eye care professional to discuss the pros and cons of Femto Bladeless LASIK, considering your specific eye health and refractive error. They can provide personalized guidance and help you make an informed decision about the most suitable vision correction option for you.
All in all, Femto Bladeless LASIK represents a remarkable advancement in vision correction. Through the precise application of femtosecond laser technology and customized corneal reshaping, this procedure offers numerous advantages over traditional LASIK methods. Additionally, not everyone may be a suitable candidate, and the success of the procedure relies on the skill and experience of the surgeon.
Eye surgery is a safe 10-minute procedure to help you get rid of glasses. EyeMantra offers the most advanced eye surgery options including PRK, Femto Lasik, SMILE surgery, Standard lasik, ICL and Contoura vision. If you have any questions on Lasik surgery in Delhi, Lasik surgery cost and Lasik procedure, call us at 9711116605 or email at [email protected].