Are you considering Contoura Vision surgery for your eyesight correction but wondering about the cost? If so, you’ve come to the right place. This article will delve into everything you need to know about Contoura Vision and its associated costs.
- 1 What is Contoura Vision Eye Surgery?
- 2 Who is Eligible for Contoura Vision?
- 3 Cost Of Contoura Vision Eye Surgery
- 4 Factors Affecting Cost
- 5 Why is Contoura Vision More Expensive than Bladeless LASIK?
- 6 Contoura Vision Disadvantages
- 7 Conclusion
What is Contoura Vision Eye Surgery?
Contoura Vision Eye Surgery is a type of refractive surgery, similar to LASIK, designed to correct vision problems such as myopia (nearsightedness) and astigmatism. It’s an FDA-approved procedure known for its precision and effectiveness.
The procedure begins with a detailed mapping of the patient’s cornea. This mapping process captures around 22,000 unique elevation points across the cornea, creating a highly detailed and precise ‘contour map’ of the eye’s surface.
This comprehensive map allows the surgeon to identify and quantify the unique irregularities in the patient’s cornea. Using this data, the surgeon can then program the excimer laser to precisely reshape the cornea, correcting these irregularities and improving the patient’s vision.
Who is Eligible for Contoura Vision?
When it comes to vision correction procedures like Contoura Vision, not everyone is a suitable candidate. The procedure has specific eligibility criteria that must be met to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the treatment. Let’s break down who is eligible for Contoura Vision.
- Age: Firstly, patients must be at least 18 years old to undergo Contoura Vision. This is because the vision, especially the degree of myopia or astigmatism, should have stabilized;; in most people, this happens by age 18.
- Stable Vision: Another critical criterion is the stability of the patient’s vision. The patient’s prescription should have been tough for at least one year before the procedure. Significant changes in medication could indicate that the eyes are still changing and could affect the surgery results.
- Degree of Myopia and Astigmatism: Contoura Vision is approved for the correction of up to -8.00 diopters of myopia or nearsightedness, with or without astigmatism of up to -3.00 diopters. This means that those with higher degrees of myopia or astigmatism may not be suitable candidates for this procedure.
- Corneal Thickness: Adequate corneal thickness is required for Contoura Vision. The procedure involves removing a small amount of corneal tissue to reshape the cornea. Therefore, if the cornea is too thin, to begin with, this procedure may not be suitable.
- General Eye Health: The patient’s eyes should be generally healthy. Conditions like keratoconus, glaucoma, cataracts, corneal disease, or certain retinal and optic nerve diseases may disqualify someone from having Contoura Vision.
- Overall Health: Lastly, overall health also plays a role in determining suitability for Contoura Vision. Certain systemic diseases, like uncontrolled diabetes or autoimmune diseases, may affect healing and are considered contraindications to the surgery.
Cost Of Contoura Vision Eye Surgery
When considering Contoura Vision Eye Surgery, one of the significant factors to consider is the cost. If you’re in Delhi, India, you’ll find that prices may vary depending on various factors. Let’s dive into the expected costs of Contoura Vision Eye Surgery in Delhi.
The cost of Contoura Vision Eye Surgery in Delhi can vary widely depending on several factors. Generally, you might expect to pay anywhere between INR 70,000 to INR 1,00,000 per eye. This is a rough estimate and the final price can be influenced by several factors discussed below.
Factors Affecting Cost
- Doctor’s Experience: The surgeon’s experience and reputation play a crucial role in determining the cost. A highly experienced and renowned surgeon might charge more due to their expertise.
- Clinic’s Reputation: The reputation and facilities of the clinic where the procedure will be performed also factor into the cost. Higher-end clinics with advanced technology often charge more.
- Preoperative and Postoperative Care: The cost generally includes preoperative and postoperative care. This includes the initial consultation, necessary tests, the surgery itself, and the follow-up visits.
Why is Contoura Vision More Expensive than Bladeless LASIK?
In the arena of vision correction procedures, the cost often reflects the level of sophistication, precision, and potential benefits. While Contoura Vision surgery may indeed come with a higher price tag compared to bladeless LASIK, it’s crucial to understand the enhanced benefits that contribute to this cost.
Advanced Topographical Technology
The heart of Contoura Vision’s increased expense lies in its state-of-the-art topographical mapping technology. This tool creates an incredibly detailed map of the cornea, which the surgeon uses to customize the procedure to each patient’s unique eye structure. This level of precision is unparalleled in bladeless LASIK procedures, leading to more accurate corrections and better visual outcomes.
Customized and Personalized Treatment
Contoura Vision’s personalized approach to vision correction is another significant factor contributing to its higher cost. Traditional LASIK procedures are based on the patient’s glasses or contact lens prescription, while Contoura Vision uses the corneal map to design a patient-specific treatment. This customization translates to more precise vision correction, potentially reducing the need for additional procedures or reliance on glasses or contacts, which could lead to cost savings in the long run.
Reduced Side Effects and Complications
Contoura Vision surgery also tends to result in fewer post-operative side effects such as glare, halos, and starbursts, common complaints following traditional LASIK surgery. The reduction in these complications not only enhances patient comfort and satisfaction but also potentially decreases additional healthcare costs related to managing these side effects.
Higher Probability of Superior Vision
Lastly, patients who undergo Contoura Vision surgery have a higher likelihood of achieving 20/20 vision or better, with some even reporting “super-vision,” a level of clarity better than 20/20. This superior visual outcome is a significant advantage that can profoundly impact the patient’s quality of life, making the higher cost a worthwhile investment for many.
In essence, while the initial cost of Contoura Vision surgery is higher than bladeless LASIK, the numerous advantages it offers such as advanced technology, personalized treatment, reduced side effects, and superior visual outcomes contribute to the higher cost, providing patients with excellent value for their investment.
Contoura Vision Disadvantages
While Contoura Vision surgery has numerous advantages, it’s essential to consider some potential drawbacks to provide a balanced perspective on this advanced vision correction method.
- Limited Eligibility
One of the main disadvantages of Contoura Vision is that not all patients are eligible for the procedure. Patients with certain corneal conditions, excessively thin corneas, or severe refractive errors may not be suitable candidates. Additionally, patients with unstable vision prescriptions or certain systemic health conditions may not qualify for Contoura Vision.
- Higher Cost
As discussed earlier, the cost of Contoura Vision is generally higher than conventional LASIK procedures due to the advanced technology and personalized approach. This higher cost can be a limiting factor for some patients, particularly those without insurance coverage for such procedures.
- Possibility of Side Effects
Although Contoura Vision surgery significantly reduces the likelihood of common LASIK-related side effects such as glare, halos, and starbursts, it does not completely eliminate the possibility. Some patients may still experience these side effects, particularly in low-light conditions.
- Potential Need for Eyewear
While many patients achieve 20/20 vision or better after Contoura Vision surgery, some may still need to use glasses or contacts for certain activities, particularly those requiring near vision, such as reading or computer work. This need is more common among older patients due to the natural aging process of the eye, known as presbyopia.
- Risk of Dry Eyes
Similar to other laser eye surgeries, Contoura Vision surgery can cause temporary dry eye symptoms. While this condition is usually temporary and treatable, it can cause discomfort for several weeks or months after surgery.
Now that you are equipped with comprehensive knowledge about Contoura Vision, it’s time to consider the next steps. Remember, the decision to pursue vision correction surgery should be based on a thorough understanding of the procedure, its benefits, and potential disadvantages.
Lasik surgery, a safe 10-minute procedure, can be a transformative journey towards a life free of glasses. EyeMantra is committed to providing the most advanced Lasik options, including PRK, Femto Lasik, SMILE surgery, Standard LASIK, ICL, and Contoura vision.
Our team of experienced professionals is available to address all your queries related to Lasik surgery in Delhi, Lasik surgery cost, and Lasik procedure. With EyeMantra, clear vision is just a call or email away.
Don’t let uncertainties hold you back from experiencing the world in high definition. Contact us today at 9711116605, or drop us an email at [email protected], and start your journey towards a clear, glasses-free vision. Your vision is our mantra at EyeMantra.