FREE LASIK Surgery Consultation
Get LASIK Surgery Cost Estimate
LASIK Surgery in Vivekanand Nagar
LASIK surgery, also known as laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis, is a popular non-invasive surgical procedure that uses a laser to reshape the cornea. Lasik surgery is typically done on patients who have mild to moderate myopia (nearsightedness). The surgery is typically safe and successful, with few side effects.
There are several types of lasik surgeries available, including the traditional lasik surgery, which uses a blade to cut through the eye’s surface layer and replace it with a new flap; and the femtosecond lasik surgery, which uses a high-powered laser that disintegrates the targeted cells. The traditional lasik surgery is generally more expensive than the femtosecond lasik surgery, but both procedures offer similar benefits. The main difference between the two procedures is that the femtosecond lasik surgery is faster and produces fewer complications.
Like any surgical procedure, lasik carries some risks. However, these risks are generally minor and can usually be managed by your doctor. Some common side effects of lasik include dry eyes, temporary vision impairment, and sensitivity to light.
Why LASIK Surgery from EyeMantra?
Restore Clear Vision
Bladeless & Painless
Insurance & EMI Options
10,000+ successful surgeries
Latest TransPRK technology
Starts at Rs. 10,000
Which conditions can LASIK treat?
Myopia [Near Sightedness]
Hyperopia [Far Sightedness]
LASIK Surgery Options
There are several types of LASIK surgery, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Here is a brief breakdown of each type:
- Standard LASIK: This is the most common type of LASIK surgery performed, and it uses a standard laser to create a smooth, clear surface in your eye. The main downside to Standard LASIK is that it can only correct one eye at a time, so you may need to wait for your neighboring eye to be corrected before you can have the procedure done.
- Femto LASIK: Femto-LASIK (also known as “fractional laser”) uses a fraction of the power of a standard laser to create a smoother, more accurate surface in your eye. Because it uses less power, Femto-LASIK is quicker than Standard LASIK and can correct both eyes at once. However, because it creates a smaller lesion in your eye, Femto-LASIK may not be as effective in correcting nearsightedness or farsightedness.
- Contoura Vision: This type of LASIK surgery uses an infrared light beam to map out the inside surfaces of your eyes and correct any errors in vision. Because Contoura Vision doesn’t use lasers to create a smooth surface like Standard or Femto-LASIK surgeries do, this option is best for people who have moderate to severe myopia (nearsightedness).
- Epi LASIK: Epi LASIK is similar to Contoura Vision, except that it uses an epikeratome blade instead of a laser beam. The blade is used to create a corneal flap, which can be peeled back and reattached once the vision correction has been made. Because it isn’t as precise as other types of LASIK, Epi LASIK is best for people who have mild to moderate myopia.
- SMILE: SMILE stands for “small incision lenticule extraction,” and it is a minimally invasive procedure that combines the benefits of LASIK and PRK surgeries. With this type of surgery, a small incision is made in your cornea to remove a tiny piece of tissue (the lenticule) which can be used to correct your vision. Because the incision is so small, this type of surgery requires minimal recovery time and is a great option for those with mild to moderate myopia.
- PRK: Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK) is a type of laser vision correction that uses an excimer laser to reshape the front surface of your cornea. It is similar to LASIK in that it corrects nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. However, unlike LASIK, PRK is a surface procedure, meaning that no corneal flap needs to be created. This makes it a great option for people who have thin or irregular corneas.
- ICL: Implantable Contact Lenses (ICL) are tiny lenses that are inserted into the eye to help correct vision. ICLs are a great option for those with high levels of myopia, since they can be used to correct even the most severe cases. ICLs do not require any type of surgery and may offer better visual acuity than LASIK or PRK.
LASIK Surgery Benefits
There are many benefits to having LASIK surgery, some of which include:
- LASIK can drastically improve your vision. After the surgery, you may see up to 20/20 in both eyes.
- You will no longer need to wear glasses or contact lenses.
- The surgery is relatively painless and most patients only experience a little discomfort post-surgery.
- You will be able to resume activities as soon as your post-operative appointment has been scheduled.
- There is a very low risk of complications following LASIK surgery, and most people have excellent results .
LASIK Surgery Cost in Vivekanand Nagar
|Risks (Dislocation / flap tearing)
|Suitability (High power / thin cornea)
|Standard LASIK In Vivekanand Nagar
|Basic standard surgery for specs removal
|C LASIK In Vivekanand Nagar
|Customized to cornea
|Contoura In Vivekanand Nagar
|Corneal polishing and aberration removal for super vision.
|TransPRK In Vivekanand Nagar
|One step procedure: Bladeless, Flapless, Touchless, Safest
|Femto LASIK In Vivekanand Nagar
|Laser used to create flap
|ICL Surgery In Vivekanand Nagar
|Eye lens replaced with a new lens (Visian Staar or IPCL lens)
|Smart Surf LASIK In Vivekanand Nagar
|5D Eye tracking with aberration removal | Max tissue saving
|SMILE In Vivekanand Nagar
|Laser used to extract eye tissue for vision correction
Top LASIK Surgery Doctors in Vivekanand Nagar
10,000+ Successful LASIK Surgeries Performed
“I was very impressed with the professional service I received from EyeMantra in Vivekanand Nagar. Their staff provided me with compassionate care and consistently went above and beyond to ensure my comfort throughout the entire Lasik surgery process. Everything was explained in great detail so that I felt completely informed about what to expect before, during and after the procedure. I am very pleased with the results of my surgery and would highly recommend EyeMantra to anyone considering Lasik surgery. Thank you for your excellent care!“
– Pooja Mehta
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re searching for a viable vision correction solution to eradicate, or diminish your need of glasses or contact lenses, then LASIK surgery is ideal. An excimer laser gently remoulds the cornea with computer-controlled precision to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. Have a glimpse at our Lasik Surgery locations in India today!
If you’re looking to get LASIK surgery in Vivekanand Nagar, Eye Mantra offers an unprecedented starting cost of just Rs 15,000/- per eye! For more advanced procedures like PRK, Bladeless, SmartSurf and Smile the rate may rise up to a still-affordable Rs. 50 000/eye. Furthermore if you have health insurance coverage opt for Lasik under that plan as well; even better: our EMI options start from only Rs 500/ month!
The duration of LASIK surgery for each eye usually falls within the 15-20 minute range and depends on your particular vision problem.
While LASIK is a safe and US FDA approved procedure, similar to any other surgical intervention, there is an infinitesimal chance of complications occurring
Absolutely not! LASIK surgery is practically painless—in fact, over 95% of patients from Vivekanand Nagar have reported no discomfort post-surgery.